Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Restaurant Bodega de Posthoorn, The Hague, Netherlands. 1080 HD.




Music by The Flanger Sound -"On my old Ford of 1939". Creative Commons.


Disclosure:  This was not a commercial project. I did not receive any pay, nor did I get free food. I did, however, get lots of free cappuccinos, which made for some very caffeinated filming sessions.

   Acknowledgments:  My deepest gratitude to Michael Meeuwisse -- owner of the Bodega de Posthoorn -- who not only kindly allowed me to film his restaurant, but took an unjustified risk by participating in my film.


Right in the heart of The Hague, on the graceful tree-lined Lange Voorhout, is the Bodega de Posthoorn.   A cozy cafe-restaurant, you can stop in for a beer, a coffee, some delicious Dutch pea soup, or a full meal.  You always feel welcome. When you walk in the door, you feel like you have stepped in to someone's home -- or back into a better and more generous time.  The Bodega's site is unbeatable:  From its terrace under the canopy of trees, you can gaze across the street to the swan-filled lake in front of the stately Parliament, or across the square at an elegant line of historic mansions -- one of which was the Queen's palace, and is now a remarkable museum devoted to the brain-teasing art of M.C. Escher.  The Bodega is a singular place -- come take a look.






No comments:

Post a Comment